The Council of Infrastructure Financing Authorities is the national organization of state, regional, and local entities working for needed environmental infrastructure funding from governments and capital markets, and for effective use of these financial resources.
Sounding financing solutions for an environment our children and future generations deserve.
- Top promote national policies which increase and facilitate the understanding of environmental infrastructure investment, and facilitate effective funding mechanisms and delivery systems.
- To promote the understanding and application of proven financing arrangements and advocate innovations to meet the broad range of state and local environmental infrastructure needs.
- To strengthen CIFA as an organization by enhancing its capacity to encourage environmental infrastructure development.
- Seek adequate federal capitalization and effective delivery systems for environmental infrastructure programs.
- Promote the development and improvement of the Clean Water State Revolving Fund and Drinking Water State Revolving Fund programs.
- Support legislative and regulatory initiatives to enhance environmental infrastructure investment.
- Support policies related to tax-exempt bonds that encourage investment in environmental infrastructure.
- Improve accessibility of environmental financial delivery systems for all communities.
- Improve coordination between federal, state and local agencies.
- Encourage innovative financing of environmental infrastructure including Public/Private Partnerships.
- Articulate the importance of environmental infrastructure financing agencies and their methods of operation.
CIFA 316 Pennsylvania Ave. S.E., Suite 201, Washington, DC 20003
Tel: 202-547-7886 Fax: 202-547-1867
firstname.lastname@example.org | ©2016, Council of Infrastructure Financing Authorities
www.scwie.org | Small Community Water Infrastructure Exchange